Since the day 1 we own Hotel Catalina, our Catalina 36, I have been looking to monitor the engine and get the analog data from our Universal M25XPB broadcasted on the NMEA2000 network.
Last may I finally decided to order an EMU-01 and the NGT-1 mandatory to the setup of the device.
Now why I decided on the EMU-01 versus the NoLand Engineering RS11 (http://nolandeng.com/rs11.php) or any other alternatives:
- active community online
- active on signalk project and slack channel
- support is active and helpful (https://desk.zoho.eu/portal/actisense/home)
- looking more like a serious business compared to other alternatives
- 1 Actisense NGT-1
- 2 Actisense EMU-1 unboxing
- 3 Universal M25XPB engine panel
- 4 Custom harness to connect EMU-1 to Hotel Catalina engine panel
- 5 Actisense Toolkit configuration
- 6 Gauges
- 7 Sensors
Here is the Actisense NGT-1 I bought used on ebay
Actisense EMU-1 unboxing
Ordered the EMU-1, love the form factor of the product and the mechanical design of the box. Definitely a reference on the market.
Universal M25XPB engine panel
Here my engine panel, where I am going to get the data from and where I am going to plug the EMU-1 box.
Custom harness to connect EMU-1 to Hotel Catalina engine panel
Actisense Toolkit configuration
Herei is my issue, I don’t have any idea what type of gauge I should pick, and all the one I tested doesn’t seem to match what is going on.
Right now my gauges are all Teleflex. Time to contact Actisense support 🙂
Fuel level sensor
Water temperature sensor
Oil alarm sensor